LOGAN – A mosquito sample within Logan Town restrictions has analyzed positive for West Nile Virus. Earlier this 7 days a sample in Petersboro also tested positive for the virus.
The Logan sample was positioned in the spot of 1700 north and 1200 west in Logan and was tested by the Utah Point out Community Overall health Laboratory.
According to a statement, the Logan City Mosquito Abatement District will continue abatement and surveillance things to do. The district will proceed its efforts to destroy or reduce larva from getting grownup mosquitoes, as perfectly as continue its fogging endeavours to eliminate adult mosquitoes. The fogging will happen only at dusk and night time when the Culex mosquitoes are most active.
To safeguard you and your loved ones, the next is encouraged:
· The Use of mosquito repellent with DEET, Permethrin, Picaridin, IR3535 or oil of lemon eucalyptus in accordance to bundle instructions.
· Drain standing drinking water in yards. Aged tires that acquire h2o within serve as incubators for mosquito larva. Other illustrations could involve potted plant trays, pet dishes, toys, buckets, etcetera.
· Wear extensive sleeves and pants among dusk and dawn.
· Keep roof gutters distinct of particles.
· Make absolutely sure screen doors and window screens are in excellent condition so that mosquitoes simply cannot get indoors.
· Keep weeds and tall grass minimize short. Adult mosquitoes look for these shady sites to rest through the very hot daylight hrs.
West Nile Virus can be deadly and can result in indications these types of as fever, headache, drowsiness and nausea.
Free News Delivery by Electronic mail
Would you like to have the day’s information stories shipped proper to your inbox every single evening? Enter your e mail below to commence!